Frequently Asked Questions
How do I respond to a subpoena for records?
- Give the subpoena for records to your department supervisor.
- Department supervisors should collect any requested documentation in their department's possession.
- The department supervisor must then review the materials and forward the subpoena and all related documents, along with relevant background information, to the Office of the General Counsel. Documents should be sent to Bonnie LeBlanc in an envelope marked "confidential" and electronic materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does the Office of the General Counsel provide legal advice on personal matters to members of the campus community?
- We do not provide personal legal consultations or services for the College's staff, faculty, or students.
- Faculty and staff can contact ENI Life Enhancement Services, the College's employee assistance provider, at 800-EAP-CALL (800-327-2255).
- Also check out the New York State Bar Association's lawyer referral page.
Where can I find information about copyright and fair use?
© Copyright Ithaca College. All rights reserved; unauthorized use prohibited. All material on this server is produced by our community but, except for designated pages, is neither approved nor verified by Ithaca College.