Guidelines for application, acceptance and participation
- Complete the online London Center application. You will receive an automated response with the link to additional application materials that you are required to turn in to the Office of International Programs no later than 4:00 p.m. of the application due date. Note that applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so the sooner we have a complete application, the sooner we can make a decision on your application.
- Non-Ithaca College students must include an official transcript with the application. All students should submit the non-refundable application fee of $50 (semester) or $35 (summer). Check should be made out to Ithaca College.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent out approximately 2 weeks after the application deadline.
- For Ithaca College students: If you have been accepted, you MUST attend the London Center Orientation. This is a mandatory meeting – you cannot study in London if you do not attend this orientation. If a prior commitment that cannot be changed prohibits you from attending the orientation, you must supply OIP with written notification, and attend the Make-up orientation. Contact OIP for the dates, times, and locations for these meetings. For non-Ithaca College students: You will be sent a packet that contains all of the information that will be covered at the orientation. It is your responsibility to read through the material thoroughly in order to prepare for your semester at the London Center.
- A nonrefundable $500 deposit to confirm your participation will be due approximately 5-6 weeks after the application deadline. Contact OIP for the exact due date for this deposit for the semester in which you are applying.
- You will receive a large amount of paperwork and information at the orientation (or in the packet sent to you) that will need to completed, either in hard copy or online, in a timely fashion (generally 6-7 weeks after the application deadline). Please be advised that if you fail to complete the paperwork by the due dates, you will be jeopardizing your participation in the London Center program. Contact OIP for exact due dates for this paperwork for the semester in which you are applying.
It is important to note that MAINTAINING GOOD ACADEMIC AND JUDICIAL STANDING IS A REQUIREMENT FOR GOING TO THE LONDON CENTER. OIP will check your final grades for the semester in which you are applying to the London Center. Non-Ithaca College students must have a final transcript sent to Ithaca College at the end of the semester prior to going to London. We will also receive reports from Judicial Affairs regarding any disciplinary violations that may occur between the time of your acceptance and the beginning of London Center semester. Also, if your cumulative GPA falls below a 2.5 or are put on disciplinary probation, your acceptance to the London Center may be withdrawn.