Independent International Travel
For Employees Traveling Abroad (without students) on College Business
Please take into consideration, the following suggestions:
- Consult the U.S .State Department Web-site (travel.state.gov) for country-specific information, travel warnings, travel alerts, and visa requirements.
- Avoid destinations under a U.S. State Department Travel Warning.
- Make sure that you have a valid passport that is good for at least an additional six months.
- Register your trip with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (http://step.state.gov).
- Pack prescription medications in their original containers. Consult the Center for Disease Control for information on health matters of import to the traveler at your destination abroad (http://www.cdc.gov).
- Purchase HTH insurance through the Office of International Programs. This insurance coverage is very helpful should you fall ill or need evacuation from overseas.
- File your itinerary and contact information abroad with your department chair and dean, just in case.