Why Study Abroad?
Only 2% of U.S. college graduates have studied abroad during their undergraduate years. Employers look for the skills, qualities and international experience that students usually develop during study abroad, such as:
- foreign language skills
- global awareness and perspective
- ability to work in a diverse environment
- Develop an understanding of another country's culture and history
- Observe the United States from another country's perspective
- Earn academic credits towards your IC degree
- Meet people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Explore academic and personal interests in a new environment
- Take classes that allow you to experience a different academic system