Founded in 1959, the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) is a nonprofit music-education organization whose central purpose is to promote excellence in choral music through performance, composition, publication, research, and teaching. In addition, ACDA strives through arts advocacy to elevate choral music's position in American society.
The purpose of the IC Chapter of the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) is to facilitate and enhance professional development in choral singing, education, and conducting through:
View and sign up for volunteer opportunities in the blog located at the bottom of the menu. Add ACDA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/profile.php
Follow us on Twitter! @IthacaACDA
Why should I join ACDA?
• ACDA is a nationally recognized professional organization.
• Membership is a great addition to any resume.
• Membership includes a subscription to the Choral Journal. This national publication, issued monthly, contains articles and columns of a scholarly and practical nature in addition to reviews of newly released CD recordings, books, and printed music.
• Opportunities to attend workshops and events designed to enhance your choral knowledge.
• Opportunities to volunteer with the Ithaca College Choral Composition Competition, NYSSMA Area All-State, and the Ithaca College Gospel Festival
• Opportunities to attend yearly conferences for each state and region. These conferences offer masterclasses, clinics, and lectures from top music professionals. They also feature performances from some of the best choirs in the country of all ages and voicings.
• Opportunity to attend the national conference every other year. The next national conference will occur March 13-16, 2013 in Dallas, TX.
• Through conventions and workshops, you can network with some of the one million-plus members from across the United States.
For more information, visit the National ACDA website at: http://acda.org, the Eastern Division Website at: http://acdaeast.org and the New York State chapter at: http://www.nyacda.org. A membership form can be found in the Documents section of this website.