Transfer Orientation Guide
Welcome to your transfer summer orientation guide. All transfer students must attend the one-day mandatory transfer orientation. However, there is an optional extended transfer orientation for students seeking a more traditional overnight orientation experience.
- Sunday, June 15 - Extended Transfer Orientation (optional)
- Monday, June 16 - Mandatory Transfer Orientation
Review the information in each section below carefully and contact us with any questions you have along the way. We look forward to meeting you this summer!
|Sign Up for Transfer Orientation|
|Get registered and consider the optional overnight extended orientation for transfer students.|
All transfer students attend summer orientation as the first step in their transition to Ithaca College. Once your deposit has posted to your student account, you may sign up for the extended overnight orientation program, or choose to attend only the mandatory one-day transfer orientation:
Extended Transfer Orientation (optional)
- Sunday, June 15 through Monday, June 16
- a comprehensive orientation to IC’s campus and community, including an overnight stay in the residence halls.
- you must also sign up for the mandatory orientation if you choose to attend this program
Mandatory Transfer Orientation
- Monday, June 16 only
- learn about campus resources, meet your peers, and finalize your fall class schedule.
Step 1: Create a myIthaca account
Step 2: Click on the “Events” tab in myIthaca to sign up - include family and guests on reservation
Step 3: Complete tasks on the provided To-Do List under each tab (Before, During, and After Orientation)
Step 4: Make necessary hotel reservations before arriving for orientation, unless you are attending Extended Transfer Orientation.