Early Arrival Guidelines for Spring 2014
The following guidelines are used by the Office of Residential Life to process Early Arrival requests for the Spring 2014 semester. Please review these as you begin to make plans to return or for your students to return to campus for the Spring semester.
Before submitting an Early Arrival request, please be sure it meets the following criteria:
- The earliest date and time an early arrival request will be accommodated is 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 15, 2014.
- New students and students who were away from campus during the Fall 2013 semester are expected to check in to their Spring housing assignment on Friday, January 17, 2014 between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. and will be automatically approved to return on that date.
- Students who are moving from their Fall 2013 housing assignment to a new housing assignment are expected to accomplish their move on Thursday, January 16, 2014 between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. and will be automatically approved to return on that date. Note: Students as above who are also approved to arrive prior to Thursday, January 16, 2014 must return to their Fall room assignment.
- Students who are required to arrive on campus prior to Saturday, January 18, 2014, because of student employment, academic requirement, or for athletic or sponsored organization participation must be requested to arrive early by the Ithaca College department establishing the requirement. Please include only those students whose early arrival is essential prior to Spring opening.
- Students who submit a request to arrive early for other reasons will be considered based upon their personal circumstance. Requests deemed solely for personal convenience will be denied.
To request a student arrive early, please complete an Early Request form at /reslife/guide/opening_closings_breaks/early_arrival/ by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, January 13, 2014. On-time requests will receive a reply to the Ithaca College E-mail address provided by the end of the next business on which the request was submitted. Requests submitted prior to the Winter recess will not receive a reply until January 2, 2014.
Please remember that students are subject to a $100.00 unauthorized presence fee if found in a closed residence hall. Late requests may not be considered.
We encourage you to provide meal arrangements for any student you request to return early, as students without special meal arrangements will be unable to use their meal plan until brunch on Saturday, January 18, 2014. If your department wishes to make meal plan arrangements, please contact the Office of Campus Center and Event Services. Otherwise, please notify your students that they can purchase an individual meal plan through the Office of Campus Center and Event Services.
For additional information or if you have any questions, please contact the Residential Life Office in the East Tower at (607) 274-3141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact the Office of Residential Life at email@example.com or (607) 274-3141. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.
Originally published in Intercom: Early Arrival Guidelines for Spring 2014.