Phi Kappa Phi Graduate Fellowship Competition
The Ithaca College chapter of the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi invites outstanding seniors, recent IC graduates, and new graduate students to apply for selection as the chapter’s candidate for one of the prestigious National Fellowships for the first year of graduate or professional study.
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi currently awards fifty-one Fellowships of $5,000 each and six at $15,000 each to members entering the first year of graduate or professional study. Each active Phi Kappa Phi chapter may select one candidate from among its local applicants to compete for the Society-wide awards.
To apply for a Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship, you must:
- Be an active member (dues paid through April 15, 2017) or have accepted the invitation to join Phi Kappa Phi by June 30, 2017.
- Be seeking full-time enrollment status in a graduate/professional school program to begin between May 1, 2017 and February 1, 2018.
- Applicants who have completed more than 9 hours of graduate credits before April 15, 2017 are ineligible.
- International students are eligible.
- Students registering in all professional and graduate fields are eligible.
- Winners may defer for up to two years, pending approval.
Criteria used in the selection process include undergraduate academics, leadership and service both on the campus and in the community, graduate prospects, the student’s personal statement, and faculty and other recommendations.
Recent Ithaca College winners of Fellowships are: Ann Stewart (Music and Mathematics, 1994), Pablo Cora (Music, 1995), Teresa Lemery (Physical Therapy, 1997), Dheeraj Verma (Mathematics and Finance, 1999), Bridget Reynolds (Psychology, 2002) Rebecca Hammontree (Music, 2004), Dominic DiOrio (Music, 2006), Joseph Livingston (Chemistry, 2007), Kaitlyn Alcorn (Music, 2010), Kaylee Underkofler (Biochemistry, 2012), Andrew Becker (Biochemistry, 2014) and Kaitlyn DeHority (Music & Chemistry, 2016).
There will be an information session for interested students in the Spring 2017.
Please send completed application packets to Tammy Sritecha, Administrative Assistant to Phi Kappa Phi, Office of the Provost, 302A Peggy Ryan Williams Center. *Letters of Recommendation may be sent directly to PRW 302A in a sealed envelope, or included with the completed application.
The deadline for Ithaca College chapter applications is April 1, 2017.
The Chapter selection will be made by April 10, 2017, and national winners will be announced in June 2017.
For more information about Fellowships and to find an application packet, see Fellowship FAQ or http://www.phikappaphi.org/grants-awards/fellowship#.VNzKwiz3SQI