Phi Kappa Phi Graduate Fellowship Competition
The Ithaca College chapter of the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi invites outstanding seniors, recent IC graduates, and new graduate students to apply for selection as the chapter’s candidate for one of the prestigious National Fellowships for the first year of graduate or professional study.
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi currently awards fifty-one Fellowships of $5,000 each and six at $15,000 each to members entering the first year of graduate or professional study. Each active Phi Kappa Phi chapter may select one candidate from among its local applicants to compete for the Society-wide awards.
To apply for a Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship, you must:
- Be an active member of Phi Kappa Phi (annual dues paid by April 15 of the current year) or have accepted membership by June 30 of the year in which you are applying. Applications will be accepted from individuals selected for membership but not yet initiated; see the application form for details.
- Have applied to enroll as a full-time student in a post-baccalaureate program of study for the current academic year. Accredited international institutions are acceptable.
- International students are eligible.
- Students registering in all professional and graduate fields are eligible.
- Applicants who have successfully completed 10 or more graduate credits on or before April 15 are not eligible.
- Winners may defer for up to two years, pending approval.
Criteria used in the selection process include undergraduate academics, leadership and service both on the campus and in the community, graduate prospects, the student’s personal statement, and faculty and other recommendations.
Recent Ithaca College winners of Fellowships are: Ann Stewart (Music and Mathematics, 1994), Pablo Cora (Music, 1995), Teresa Lemery (Physical Therapy, 1997), Dheeraj Verma (Mathematics and Finance, 1999), Bridget Reynolds (Psychology, 2002) Rebecca Hammontree (Music, 2004), Dominic DiOrio (Music, 2006), Joseph Livingston (Chemistry, 2007), Kaitlyn Alcorn (Music, 2010), Kaylee Underkofler (Biochemistry, 2012) and Andrew Becker (Biochemistry, 2014).
There will be an information session with Phi Kappa Phi chapter President Hormoz Movassaghi for interested students this February 2016. Exact date, time, and location will be announced.
Please send completed application packets to Tammy Sritecha, Administrative Assistant to Phi Kappa Phi, Office of the Provost, 302A Peggy Ryan Williams Center. *Letters of Recommendation may be sent directly to PRW 302A in a sealed envelope, or included with the completed application.
The deadline for Ithaca College chapter applications is April 1, 2016.
The Chapter selection will be made by April 10, 2016, and national winners will be announced in June.
For more information about Fellowships and to find an application packet, see Fellowship FAQ or http://www.phikappaphi.org/grants-awards/fellowship#.VNzKwiz3SQI