Academic Assessment Committee
Academic Assessment Committee (AAC)
The College Academic Assessment Committee provides coordination of academic assessment activities and programs, including student learning outcomes assessment and the inclusion of outcomes assessment in program reviews. The Committee develops assessment calendars and procedures, identifies gaps in assessment information, tracks progress in the implementation of assessment, and supports the use of assessment results to inform decision-making within academic schools and programs.
- Advises the Provost on the status of student learning outcomes assessment across the institution’s academic areas.
- Reviews and recommends revision and improvement of academic assessment calendars and procedures, including student learning outcomes assessment for courses, programs and general education.
- Identifies and recommends effective assessment reporting strategies and feedback processes.
- In collaboration with the Center for Faculty Excellence, ensures that assessment is included in the faculty development program in ways that effectively address current needs and interests.
- In collaboration with the Committee for College-Wide Requirements (CCR), ensures that appropriate plans and procedures are in place for the assessment of the College’s general education program.
Dennis Charsky, Co-Chair
Associate Professor and Communication, Management & Design Program Director
Vincent DeTuri, Co-Chair
Associate Professor and Chair
School of Humanities and Sciences