Sustainable Computer Settings
How to Edit the Energy Savings/Sleep Mode on your PC:
- Right click on your desktop
- Click Properties
- Click on the Screensaver Tab
- In the Monitor Power section click Power
- When that window opens up, click the Power schemes tab
- Under the section "Settings for Home/Office desk power schemes," change the setting for your monitor to turn off after ____ minutes. (Recommended time is 5 minutes). This means that if there is no activity on your computer for more than 5 minutes, the monitor will go into "sleep mode." As soon as you touch your keyboard or mouse, it will reactivate again.
How to Edit the Energy Savings/Sleep Mode on your Mac:
- Open System Preferences and click Energy Saver to display its preferences.
- Click the Sleep tab.
- Move the sliders for both the computer and display to change the times in which they go to sleep.
- Click the Options tab.
- Select any other options you want, such as wake options, in the panel.
Remember to shut down your computer and all of the peripherals at the end of the day if you can!