Assistant Director of Residential Life for Residential Education
The Department of Residential Life is currently accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Director of Residential Life for Residential Education to provide leadership and direction for the First-Year Residential Experience (FYRE) Program and Residential Learning Communities (RLCs).
The Assistant Director responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership for the expansion and ongoing development of the First-Year Residential Experience Program;
- Recruiting, Selecting and training of 41 Faculty/Staff Associates;
- Ongoing development and assessment of the FYRE Program and Residential Learning Community Program;
- Implementing the Academic Connections Model in FYRE in collaboration with Academic Affairs;
- Overseeing all department programming with a focus on student learning, equity and inclusion, and community development;
- Assessment of Residential Life student learning outcomes;
- Serving as a member of the Residential Life and Judicial Affairs Management Team;
- Participating in on-call duty rotation in support of 4,500 campus residents.
The Ithaca College residence hall system houses approximately 4,500 students in 27 residence halls and two on-campus apartment areas. Our education program includes the First-Year Residential Experience, four Residential Learning Communities, and several specialty housing options.
The staff in Residential Life and Judicial Affairs is committed to the overall growth and development of students, and supporting students from historically underrepresented groups. We are seeking candidates with a commitment to student development and a desire to be a part of a strong Residential Life program. Our department is committed to building a diverse staff team, including increasing our racial and ethnic diversity.
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, or related field and a minimum of three years full time Residential Life experience; demonstrated experience working with first-year student programs and learning communities; experience working with diverse student populations; proven supervisory and management abilities; experience developing and implementing student learning outcomes; excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; and the ability to represent the College effectively within and outside of the College community are required.
The appointment is a twelve-month, live off position, and compensation includes a competitive benefits package and a 5 meal/week meal plan during the academic year.
How to apply:
Interested individuals should apply online at http://apply.icjobs.org/postings/21710
Attach a letter of interest addressed to Chair, Assistant Director of Residential Life for Residential Education, a resume, and a list containing the contact information for three professional references. Questions about the online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration, please submit your application no later than February 22, 2013. Interviews will be held at the NASPA Placement Exchange in March 2013 and via the phone.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated