Office Assistant Job Description
An Office Assistant is a student staff member of the Office of Residential Life. Office Assistants provide general clerical and office support, answer and direct telephone inquiries, greet visitors, and respond to questions.
- Answering office telephones and taking messages.
- Provide assistance to callers and walk-in visitors regarding housing policies, procedures and associated concerns.
- Provide clerical assistance such as copying, collating, typing and filing for departmental and professional staff.
- Data entry.
- Make deliveries to and from various campus offices.
- Inventory and track lock out keys (area and satellite offices).
- Provide lock-out coverage as may be required (Central Office).
- Special projects as assigned.
- Central Office: Office Assistants in the Central Office of Residential Life are directly supervised by the Administrative Assistant for Residential Life. Office Assistants will frequently meet with the Assistant Director of Housing Services & Communications to discuss upcoming projects. Various professional and departmental personnel may provide supervision for projects.
- Area Offices: Office Assistants in Area Offices are supervised by the Area Office Administrative Assistant.
- Residence Directors' Offices: Office Assistants in Residence Directors' Offices are supervised by a Residence Director.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and friendly manner.
- Prior experience working for Residential Life or knowledge of Residential Life policies and procedures.
- Customer service orientation.
- Prior work experience in an office setting.
Conditions of Employment
- Applicant must be in good judicial and academic standing (2.20 minimum G.P.A.).
- Willingness to commit for a minimum of one academic year of employment.
- Commit to be available to work full- or part-time for the two weeks prior to Spring opening during Winter break (Central Office).
- Commit to return to campus prior to Fall and Spring openings for training purposes.
Office Assistants are compensated at the current campus hourly wage.