Policies and Procedures

Room and Apartment Condition

An important part of checking into a room or apartment is to complete and submit a Room Condition Report (RCR) or Apartment Condition Report (ACR). An RCR should be provided to you when you sign for your keys, including for moves to new rooms during the academic year. The on-line ACR for your area is located at:

It is your responsibility to inspect your room or apartment and to accurately note its condition at the time you check in. A guideline on how to inspect and report condition issues (e.g. pre-existing damage, missing furniture) is part of the form.

Your ACR or RCR will be reviewed to insure it properly reflects the condition of your room or apartment as it will be used to determine damage charges when you check out. By failing to complete and submit an ACR or RCR, your room or apartment will be considered in "like new" condition for damage billing purposes.

Except for painting issues, you should submit maintenance requests using Maintenance Direct for any maintenance required when you check in (e.g., damaged outlet covers, damaged screens, missing recycling bins). To prevent additional damage, always submit a maintenance request in a timely way whenever it is required.

After a student vacates a room or apartment, the Residence Director (RD) will conduct an inspection using the RCR or ACR as a reference. if the RD determines by this inspection that the room or apartment, or its furnishings have been damaged beyond normal wear (e.g., graffiti on surfaces, cracked windows, torn drapes, stains, chipped paint, tape residue on surfaces, nails or hoods in wall), or if college property is missing (e.g., recycling bins, outlet covers), the student and their roommate(s) or apartmentmate(s) will be billed for the actual cost of repair and replacement.