Joining a Community
- City of Ithaca Noise Ordinance.
- Town of Ithaca Noise Ordinance.
- All fireworks are strictly prohibited without a permit.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages in open containers is not permitted on public streets and sidewalks in the City of Ithaca. The City of Ithaca enforces all regulations regarding the open container law and responds to neighborhood complaints of disorderly conduct.
- The Town of Ithaca has specific regulations regarding the number of people permitted to be in a given location at one time. The Tompkins County Sheriff's Department and/or New York State Police respond to disturbances in the Town of Ithaca.
- The City of Ithaca requires that snow be cleared from the sidewalk within 24 hours of the end of a snowfall. If the snow has not been cleared within 24 hours, the City will remove the snow and you will be charged for the removal. Check with your landlord to determine if snow removal is your responsibility. You can contact Streets and Facilities at (607) 272-1718 with questions.
- Tompkins County (inclusive of the Town and City of Ithaca) has a leash law that requires that your pet be on a leash at all times unless fenced in on your premises. In addition only domesticated household pets are permitted within the city limits. The City of Ithaca has an ordinance that specifically requires pet owners clean up after and dispose of waste from their pet. This will ensure your pet's safety as well as benefit your neighborhood. Pets can be stolen or hit by cars if left unleashed. Excessive barking or howling can result in the pet owner being ticketed or fined.
© Copyright Ithaca College. All rights reserved; unauthorized use prohibited. All material on this server is produced by our community but, except for designated pages, is neither approved nor verified by Ithaca College.