Meet the Staff in FYRE
There are a number of staff in FYRE who are available to answer your questions, assist you with navigating college resources, and to help provide an enjoyable first-year experience.
Resident Assistants (RAs)
You will find an RA on every floor/wing in the FYRE Program. RAs are returning student leaders who are available to answer your questions and point you in the direction of important campus resources. RAs sponsor a variety of social activities to help promote a strong community.
FYRE Peer Mentor
Peer Mentors are returning student leaders who help deliver the FYRE program to first-year students who are living in mixed population halls. Peer mentors plan ICC theme events and also meet one-on-one with first-year students to check in regarding transition to college and to talk about campus resources.
Residence Director (RD)
The RD is a full-time professional staff member who lives in the residence halls and supervises the RA staff team. The RD is a resource who is available for your questions and personal/academic support.
Faculty/Staff Associates are Ithaca College Faculty or Staff members who are selected to work with students as part of the First-Year Residential Experience (FYRE). Faculty/Staff Associates are responsible for a cohort of first-year students based on Residence Hall cluster and theme; there are 33 Faculty/Staff Associates working with first-year students living in FYRE buildings this academic year. Here is a list of this year's Faculty/Staff Associates:
- Belyea, Barbara (Physical Therapy) [TIDE] East Tower (8-13 floors)
- Brenner, Jake (Environ. Studies & Science) [TQSF] Boothroyd, Rowland, & Tallcott
- Brenner, Rebecca (Environ. Studies & Science) [TQSF] West Tower
- Brown, Marian (Office of Civic Engmnt.) [TQSF] East Tower; FYRE Expansion
- Buck, Michael (Physical Therapy) [TIDE] Boothroyd & Tallcott
- Burch, Tom (Theatre Arts) [TIII] East Tower (8-13 floors)
- Cohen-Filipic, Jessye (Psychology) [TP&J] West Tower
- Conrad, Sybil (Campus Cntr. & Event Srvcs.) [TIII] Boothroyd & Rowland
- Deckman, Sherry (Dept. of Education) [TP&J] FYRE Expansion
- Fillinger, Akiko (Chemistry) [TMBS] East Tower
- Fracchia, John (Career Services) [TP&J] Boothroyd, Rowland & Tallcott
- House, Christopher (Communications) [TIDE] Hilliard & Holmes
- Kaye, Miranda (Exercise & Sport Sciences) [TMBS] Hilliard & Holmes; Boothroyd, Rowland & Tallcott
- King, Deborah (Exercise & Sport Sciences) [TIII] Tallcott
- Kittredge, Katharine (English) [TP&J] Hilliard & Holmes
- Leary, Michael (Residential Life) [TMBS] West Tower
- Levine, Annette (Modern Languages) [TIDE] East Tower (2-7 floors)
- LiBritz, Kristin (Career Services) [TIDE] Rowland
- Emily Hess (Dept. of Education) [TWOS] West Tower
- Lo, Te-Wen (Biology) [TIII] East Tower (2-7 floors)
- Lynn, Nicolette (Career Services) [TIII] FYRE Expansion
- Menning, Nancy (Philosophy & Religion) [TQSF] Hilliard & Holmes
- Novak, Dani (Mathematics, Retired) [TMBS] FYRE Expansion
- Pfrehm, James (Modern Languages) [TWOS] East Tower
- Reagan, Bailey (Assist. to President) [TIDE] FYRE Expansion
- Rios-Dominguez, Michelle (Human Resources) [TP&J] East Tower
- Radio Cremata (Music Education) [TIII] West Tower (2-7 floors)
- Sansoucy, Lisa [TIDE] West Tower (2-7 floors)
- Theobald, Anne (Modern Languages) [TWOS] Boothroyd, Rowland & Tallcott
- Webster, Marc (School of Music) [TIII] West Tower (8-13 floors)
- Whitehead, Baruch (School of Music) [TIII] Hilliard & Holmes
- Woody, Kyle (Sport Mngmt & Media) [TIDE] West Tower (8-13 floors)
- Ziemann, Tiffani (Residential Life) [TWOS] Hilliard & Holmes; FYRE Expansion
As part of the Integrated Core Curriculum (ICC), there are six ICC themes that a Faculty/Staff Associate might lead: (1) Identities (TIDE); (2) Inquiry, Imagination, & Innovation (TIII); (3) Mind, Body, Spirit (TMBS); (4) Quest for a Sustainable Future (TQSF); (5) A World of Systems (TWOS); and, (6) Power and Justice (TP&J). Each Faculty/Staff Associate works within these themes to plan at least six programs a year and host learning opportunities within the Residence Halls for students in their group. Faculty/Staff Associates are integral players to FYRE’s Academic Connections program; they provide complimentary learning to the theme exploration that occurs in a student’s Ithaca Seminar class.
If you are interested in becoming a Faculty or Staff Associate, are a first-year student with questions about your Faculty/Staff Associate, or have other questions about this topic, please contact Dr. Jacqueline Winslow Robilotta, Assistant Director for Residential Education, at email@example.com.
Assistant Director for Residential Education
The Assistant Director for Residential Education is a full time staff member who works in the Residential Life Central Office (East Tower) and provides leadership for the entire FYRE Program.
If you have more questions about the First-Year Residential Experience program, you may contact us at FYRE@ithaca.edu, or through one of the following staff members:
- Shannon Scheening, Residence Director for Boothroyd, Rowland and Tallcott Halls
- Maggie Wetter, Residence Director for Hilliard and Holmes Halls
- Megan Williams, Residence Director for the West Tower
- Darnell Thompson, Residence Director for the East Tower
- Beth O'Neill, Area Coordinator for FYRE
- Dr. Jacqueline Winslow Robilotta, Assistant Director of Residential Education
- Ron Trunzo, Associate Director of Residential Life & Judicial Affairs, (607) 274-3141
- Joelle Albertsman, Administrative Assistant for Residential Education