The Outdoor Adventure Living Community (OALC) depends on participants' involvement in sponsored programs and trips during each semester. OALC members are therefore required to:
- attend three OALC gatherings per semester (not counting mandatory floor meetings)
- help plan at least one program or trip per semester.
- attend at least one OALC trip per semester.
- actively participate in the community by attending community meetings.
- abide by the community living agreement.
- contribute to program assessments.
We will organize one major off-campus trip per semester, planned by OALC community members in cooperation with OALC staff and faculty. Requirements for participation on the major trips will be decided by OALC community members and staff, but will always include active participation in planning and attending the other OALC gatherings and programs during the semester.