House of Roy is open to any students who are interested in issues of gender identity and sexual orientation. Specifically, House of Roy is a supportive residential learning community where lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender students and allies can explore and express who they are in a safe and affirming environment.
House of Roy is committed to the following goals:
- Learning about the history and culture of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and allied communities.
- Providing a safe space for any student to visit when facing challenges in their life related to their sexuality such as roommate problems or coming out issues.
- Connecting with the larger Ithaca LGBT and allied community through social events, service opportunities and guest speakers.
- Promoting an understanding about sexual orientation, gender, and other differences to enhance students’ leadership skills and multicultural awareness.
House of Roy will not be available as a housing option during the 2011-2012 academic year, but stay tuned for more information about the Fall of 2012!
- Melinda Cozzolino, House of Roy Faculty Fellow
- Lis Maurer, LGBT Education, Outreach & Services Program Director, (607) 274-7394
- Beth O'Neill, Quads, Emerson, Gardens and Circle Apartments Area Coordinator, (607) 274-1094
- RonTrunzo, Associate Director, Residential Life & Judicial Affairs, (607) 274-3141
- Vickie Woodhead, Residence Director for Hood, Holmes, Hilliard & Eastman, (607) 274-1098