Sexual Harassment Prevention Schedule
One-time attendance at a Sexual Harassment Prevention session is required of students prior to enrolling for one's first internship.
- Attendance is taken and the list of attendees is retained for the future - provide your ID number at sign-in
- Students are encouraged to attend one of the sessions early in freshman year. All students are welcome to attend.
- Advance registration is NOT required.
The sessions are conducted by Traevena Byrd, Director of Equal Opportunity Compliance.
Below is the student intern harassment prevention training schedule for the 2012-2013 academic year.Fall 2012
Your choice of sessions:
- Thur, Sept 20, 12:05-1:00pm
- Tues, Oct 9, 5:00-6:00pm
- Thur, Nov 1, 12:05-1:00pm - Textor 101
- Thur, Dec 6, 12:05-1:00pm - Textor 102
- Thur, Jan 31, 12:05-1:00pm - Textor 103
- Wed, Feb 20, 5:00-6:00pm - Textor 101
- Wed, Apr 24, 5:00-6:00pm - Textor 101
- Thur, May 2, 12:05-1:00pm - Textor 103
Participating in a student internship can be an important part of every student's higher education experience. However, most students, both male and female, have no idea what to do when confronted with sexual harassment. Unwanted advancements or sexually explicitly gestures and jokes can be damaging to a student's confidence both during the internship and when seeking employment after graduation. In addition, many students are unaware when their own well-intentioned conduct is viewed as unprofessional and offensive, putting them in jeopardy both academically and professionally. Learn the basics of how to identify and respond to sexual harassment as well as how to avoid engaging in behavior that could be perceived as sexual harassment by others.