Smithsonian Media NYC marketing internship
|Publication or Company
||New York, NY USA
||Marketing Promotions Intern New York, NY (Grand Central Location)
The Smithsonian Media marketing team is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic emerging professional with a keen interest in marketing promotions and events. The incumbent will serve as the Marketing promotions Intern and is responsible for providing administrative and event support to the staff of the Marketing Department for Smithsonian Media.
This is a part time temporary appointment - June through August.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assists Promotion Coordinator with the planning and executing of events and large scale marketing projects - primarily Museum Day annual event.
• Recruiting museum participation and organizing promotional outreach for the Museum Day event will be the primary focus of this internship.
• Assists Promotion Coordinator with general research, product sourcing and organization of promotional materials.
• Assists department members in the brainstorming and execution of creative category and advertiser-specific ideas and merchandising.
• Tracks and ships premiums.
• Uploads marketing materials to Smithsonian FTP site.
• Distributes marketing materials to outer offices as needed.
1. Incumbent should be fluent in Microsoft Office applications.
2. Must be skilled in communicating orally and in writing, with clarity necessary to carry out duties in an efficient and effective manner.
3. Must be pro-active and possess the ability to handle several projects at once under deadline pressure.
Candidates should be in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's or Master's degree from a four-year college or university in Marketing and/or related discipline.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Attention: Marketing Promotions Internship
Internship appointment may be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a pre-appointment background check and subsequent background investigation.
Applicants are asked to complete and forward an optional Applicant Survey form available at http://www.sihr.si.edu/Forms/Applicant_Survey_Form.PDF.
No phone calls, please.
© Copyright Ithaca College. All rights reserved; unauthorized use prohibited. All material on this server is produced by our community but, except for designated pages, is neither approved nor verified by Ithaca College.