The Global Study Program and Grants
The Center manages a fund previously established in Dr. Kesh’s name to support international travel for students and faculty who engage in collaborative research and media production. These one-time grants help defray the cost of experiences such as semester-long exchanges, short study trips, and internships outside the U.S. A companion effort will help to bring more international students and faculty to Ithaca College.
A few student projects that have received funding include:
- Trip to India to help establish online, nonprofit marketplace Lanapo.org
- Participation in the annual Model European Union Conference in Brussels, Belgium.
- Internships with NBC Sports, assisting with coverage of the Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
- A film project in India.
- Research on Sesame Street programming throughout Europe.
- A documentary exploring the relationship between French filmmaker François Truffaut and American publicist Helen Scott.
A few student-faculty/staff collaboration projects that have received funding include:
- Park Productions' documentary shot in Ecuador.
- Professor Kati Lustiyk and three students traveled to Doha and Qatar and Al Jazeera Children's Channel's television programming.
- The Director of The Park Media Lab and two students traveled to Antananarivo, Madagascar to lead a master class for local youth on producing naturalist outreach videos. The project and workshop were held by invitation from the National Meeting of Short films in Madagascar.
For more information, or to apply for an international scholar travel grant, click here.