ICLA students are classified as on-campus residential students. Students reside at the Oakwood Toluca Hills Apartments, a ten-minute walk from the James B. Pendleton Center where classes and the Ithaca LA offices are located. The apartments are also close to Burbank, Universal City, Studio City and Hollywood. The complex is adjacent to the Warner Bros. Studio lot, and conveniently located near NBC and The Walt Disney Studios.
Typically, four students share a two-bedroom apartment. Each apartment has central heat and a/c and comes with basic furniture including:
- Four standard twin-size beds, two dressers and night stands (linens and pillows not included)
- Two bathrooms (toilet paper not included!)
- Large closets
- A kitchen with refrigerator, oven/stovetop, microwave, dishwasher and disposal
- Common room with table and four chairs, a couch, chairs, a desk and other amenities
- Wireless internet access (four accounts per apartment)
- One television with Basic cable
- Additional services and rentals available through Oakwood
The Oakwood complex has two clubhouses which contain a business center, meeting rooms and a projection television room.
Other amenities include:
- Two outdoor heated swimming pools with Spas
- Two fitness centers
- Gas barbeque grills
- Lighted tennis courts and basketball courts
- Two sand volleyball courts
- A mini-market/deli
- Dry cleaning services
- Washers and dryers in most buildings (laundry cards are available in the Oakwood clubhouses)
Oakwood is a gated community with 24-hour security. To contact Oakwood security during the day, call the South Clubhouse at (323) 851-3450. After 8 pm, call the guard gate at (323) 878-2199. For emergencies call 911.
Shipping personal items to Oakwood
Before leaving for Los Angeles, students can ship boxes directly to the Oakwood apartments with the following information and address:
[Student Name] - NEW ARRIVAL
c/o Oakwood South Clubhouse
3600 Barham Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90068
More valuable items can be shipped to the ICLA program office at:
[Student name], [semester attending]
C/O Ithaca College Los Angeles Program
3800 Barham Blvd., Suite 305
Los Angeles, CA 90068