Hands-on experience is integral to CMD and occurs throughout the major. Through the Park School's renowned internship programs, and contacts with our alumni, you can intern in locations both at home and abroad.
The Ithaca College London Center provides internships while studying in London. Here are a few examples:
Ithaca College's Washington, D.C. Center is ideal for those interested in policy and public affairs. CMD students have had the following internships:
The Park School's Communication Program in Los Angeles offers many opportunities in the home of the entertainment industry.
The Greater Ithaca Area: our students have had internships during the fall and spring semesters while taking classes on campus.
Summer is the perfect time to intern here are more examples of where our students have gained experience,
- training assistant, AOL Media Networks, New York, NY
- promotions assistant, WHTM 27, Harrisburg, PA
- marketing assistant, Youth Bureau, Hamburg, NY
- researching future projects and managing upcoming events,Schuyler County Chamber of Commerce
- management assistant to camp director, Wilderness Canoe Base, Grand Marais, MN
- design and develop employee training programs, NBC Universal, Television Stations Division, New York
- hotel promotions and sales, the Abraham Lincoln Hotel, Reading, PA
- media relations work at E3 Communications, Buffalo, NY
- promotion assistance with SonyBMG Columbia Records, New York, NY
- client management assistance at International Management Group, New York, NY
- corporate events and PR, SEI Investments in Oaks, PA
- internal publications, Corning Incorporated, Corning, NY
- corporate communication at Merrill Lynch world headquarters in New York City
- community relations for the Buffalo Bills in Orchard Park, NY
- advertising department at the Vineyard Gazette on Martha's Vineyard, MA
- agency relations at City Harvest in New York City, NY
The choice of internships is limited only by your personal aspirations. Many of our alumni have used their internship experiences as a means to launch their career. Check out our alumni profiles to see how these internships led to exciting careers.