Student Driver Safety Course Information
Students must review the Student Driving requirements contained in the Driving College Owned and Rented Vehicles Section in addition to the steps listed below.
Students must complete the following, in the order listed, to become approved to drive College Vehicles:
- Read the Ithaca College Student Driver Handbook.
- Become familiar with the Ithaca College Driving College Vehicles Policy.
- Complete the United Educators (UE) online safety course; allow two (2) hours to register, complete the safety course and take the test.
- Provide the course completion certificate from the UE Website to the Office of Risk Management. (Required in order to process MVR.)
- Submit a Driver Information Form to Risk Management. Electronic signatures are NOT accepted.
The instructions for accessing the online UE Student Driver Safety Course can be found here. Please pay attention to steps 9 & 10 in order to print the correct course transcript.
The link for accessing the UE Student Driver Course can be found here.
As of 08/04/2014 the mandatory Student Driver Safety Course is offered online through United Educators.
* United Educators is a resource to offer driver safety awareness and training; the course is not meant to completely fulfill each institution's needs, but rather it enhances driver awareness. The Ithaca College Driving College Vehicles Policy and the Student Driver Handbook always supersede, so it is important to be familiar with the policies and procedures contained within.
As an example; below are a few instances where the online training differs:
- Students are restricted to mini-vans that do not exceed a 7 person occupancy limit.
- College vehicles do not currently have all emergency equipment referenced in the training.
- Student drivers cannot exceed three hours of driving before switching to another driver.