Frequently Asked Questions
How do I protect College-owned property during ground and air travel?
- Make a list of all equipment and document each item's replacement value and all serial numbers.
- Note all locations that the College's property will be transported.
- Never leave the vehicle unattended with equipment inside.
- Lock the vehicle at all times.
- Do not leave the equipment in the vehicle overnight.
- Do not leave items in full view, which can be a target for thieves.
- Use appropriately-constructed packaging materials, if needed.
- Provide a comprehensive inventory list to your department prior to departure and carry the list with you during travel.
- Contact the police immediately to report a theft or loss.
- Contact Risk Management immediately if a theft or damage occurs and make a report with Public Safety.
© Copyright Ithaca College. All rights reserved; unauthorized use prohibited. All material on this server is produced by our community but, except for designated pages, is neither approved nor verified by Ithaca College.