As an alumnus/a of Ithaca College, you have access to a variety of our services and resources during your career development process. Below is a list of career topics for which alumni often seek out guidance:
- resume, cover letter and grad school essay development/reviews
- job search process
- graduate school application process
- interview practice
- networking strategies
- career goal clarification
Alumni may meet with a career counselor during our daily drop-in hours (M-Th 11 a.m. - 3 p.m., F 12-3 p.m., summer hours: M-Th 12:30-3:30) or career counseling appointment (in-person or via phone). You may also wish to view our Career Guide for in-depth information on most career topics.
In addition to the resources highlighted below, alumni may use all of the resources available on ithaca.edu/icareers. Don't miss the "Employment" and "Working Abroad" tabs in the left-side toolbar.
- eRecruiting - job & internship database
- Career Services LinkedIn Group - majority of our 1,300+ members are alumni
- IC Mentoring Network - not only will students appreciate your advice, but contributing to the conversations can raise your profile with alumni
- Career Webinar Series - held monthly in the evening, focused on needs of professionals, sponsored in partnership with Alumni Relations
Programs & Events:
To view the complete list of career fairs, workshops, panels and employer visits, please visit the Upcoming Events page on our website.
- Career Fairs: The Job & Internship Fairs held on-campus in September and February are open to alumni; however please note that participating organizations are often seeking entry-level candidates. To explore whether attending the fair makes sense for you, please contact our office to speak with a career counselor. Due to our co-sponsorship of off-campus fairs with numerous other universities, consortium fairs are open only to current students.
- Workshops: On-campus workshops are held each semester and cover a wide range of topis. Alumni may register to attend any of the workshops by contacting our office.
- Panel presentations: Career panels featuring alumni and other professionals are held each semester, including the Making a Living While Making a Difference Panel (February) and the Susan A. DiPace '74 Speaker Series:What Can You Do With a Liberal Arts Degree? (October). Alumni may register to attend panel presentations by contacting our office.
- Employer Information Sessions: Recruiters representing a breadth of industries visit campus during the year to host Information Sessions, during which they talk about career opportunities within their organizations. Alumni may register to attend most sessions by contacting our office.
- Alumni networking opportunities: Click here to learn more about events sponsored by the Office of Alumni Relations.
Please contact Career Services at email@example.com or (607) 274-3365 if you have any questions about the career-development opportunities available for alumni or wish to schedule a career counseling appointment.
*If you are an alumnus/a interested in recruiting members of the Ithaca College community for career opportunities, please contact us directly to discuss your recruiting needs.