2014 Orientation Program
Welcome New and Transfer Students!
Going to college, even a new college, can be simultaneously exhilarating and overwhelming. To help you navigate this significant transition, Ithaca College hosts a January and summer orientation program for all new and transfer students. Family members are also invited to attend orientation with their student.
During orientation students will meet new friends, learn about campus life, attend educational workshops and social events, gain exposure to some of the academic and social challenges they might face, meet with a faculty advisor, and register for classes. Orientation is a great time to hear stories from current students and become familiar with Ithaca College before the semester starts. The orientation staff is looking forward to meeting you this summer!
This website will be updated in March with specific orientation related information, including:
- How to sign-up for a summer orientation session (Dates will be available in myIthaca in March.)
- Quantitative Literacy and other placement exam details
- Orientation packing list
- Preparing for course registration during orientation
- What to do before, during, and after summer orientation
- Fall Welcome and other August related information
- New student orientation runs from mid-June through mid-July and lasts three days, either Monday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Friday.
- All transfer students attend orientation on Monday, June 16 with the option of attending an extended orientation on Sunday, June 15.
- Students will be housed on-campus throughout the entirety of orientation.
- Family members are invited to attend orientation; however, we are not able to offer on-campus housing for guests.
During orientation, students will: