A blog dedicated to the achievements of SACL departments and programs to enhance student experience!
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
In case you’ve been wondering what Student Affairs and Campus Life Departments were doing during the Fall 2013 semester, here are a couple of highlights:
Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreational Sports
- Guiding 5 athletic teams to Empire 8 championships
- Having 2 coaches named Ithaca Journal Coach of the Year
- Supporting more than 900 students in 42 club sports
- Hosting more than 85,000 visits to the Fitness Center
- Coordinating a Majors/Minors fair in conjunction with the Academic Advising Center
- Meeting with 33% more students than in Fall 2012
Counseling and Wellness
- Holding more than 2250 individual student sessions plus more through 9 group counseling sessions
- More than 935 of the 400 students who have been reading Student Health 101 have learned something they have applied in their everyday life.
- The great work of the LGBT Center helped the campus earn a 5 Stars ranking on the Campus Pride index (out of 5 stars) and be named to the top 25 LGBT Friend colleges/universities; the Top 10 trans-friendly colleges and universities and the top 10 LGBT friendly college sports programs.
Hammond Health Center
- Hosting more than 6900 patient visits
- Vaccinating 1163 people against the flu (just for Fall – more shots have happened this spring)
Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs - First Year Experience
- 158 first year students were inducted into the Oracle Honor society
Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs – Multicultural Affairs
- Planning and implementation of MLK Day 2014. More than 1000 students/faculty/staff attended programs on January 20. More than 120 students participated in the MLK Day of Service.
- Coordinated Latino/a Heritage and Native American Heritage months
Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs – Student Leadership and Involvement
- More than 173 student organizations are registered and active
- 136 Student Leadership Institute sessions occurred.
Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management
- More than 200 Crime Prevention Programs took place with students, faculty and staff
- More than 1228 first year students are living and learning in the First Year Residential Experience Program
- 143 First Year Residential Experience programs were offered in coordination with the ICC themes
Wednesday, January 8, 2014