Prior to the first day of classes we need you to complete certain on-line Health Certification forms in order to comply with New York State law, protect your health and that of your fellow students, and have a basis for understanding and serving your health needs while you are here.
You begin submitting the information electronically by clicking on the link for the Secure Web Portal on the right of this page. You will be required to enter your Ithaca College Email User Name and Password and your birth date. Once you have successfully entered the portal, select “Forms” from the menu bar on the left and follow the instructions. There will be six pages that must be completed and submitted to the Health Center. Please note the following:
· You must check a confirmation box at the bottom of the first Forms Download Page. Once you check this box and submit you will be unable to access this page again. If you do not have a printer or are unable to print these forms for any reason, please call the Health Center at 607-274-3177 and we will send them to you.
· Have pertinent personal and family health history available when you fill out the Health History Form. Once you select an item on this form you will not be able to unselect it.
· Have your immunization history in front of you for completing the Immunizations section. Please be aware that completion of this form is required in addition to a signed record that will come from your health care provider. We can provide any required immunization or test for you here, after your arrival, but there will be a charge and I encourage you to have these done prior to coming to Ithaca.
· There are only two possibilities for exemption from the immunization requirements under New York State law: A signed statement that the student has sincere and genuine religious beliefs that prohibit immunization; or a statement from a physician or physician extender documenting the specific immunizations that are medically contraindicated and the length of time that they are contraindicated. If there is a disease outbreak on campus, students who have been granted exemption will be treated as susceptible and either immunized or excluded from campus.
· Students born before January 1, 1957, are exempt from the measles/mumps/rubella requirements, but still must complete the tuberculosis assessment.
· Meningococcal vaccine is not required, but is strongly recommended, especially if you will be living in a residence hall.
· We require a tuberculin skin test for students with specific risk factors for tuberculosis defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
· It is important for students to read the Notice of Privacy document and the Meningococcal disease law document, both found on this page.
Please complete these on-line requirements by July 15th for fall admission or one week before the beginning of classes for spring or summer admission. We will notify you if anything is incomplete within 30 days.
If you have any questions, please contact Donna Mistler at (607) 274-3286 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Mailing address: Hammond Health Center, 953 Danby Road, Ithaca, NY 14850