Welcome to Ithaca College. Prior to beginning classes we need you to complete certain on-line Health Certification forms and provide us with a hard copy of your last physical examination and immunization record. The purpose for this is to comply with New York State law, to protect your health and that of your fellow students, and to have a basis for understanding and serving your health needs while you are here.
To access the system for submitting this information, go to the Hammond Health Center’s web page after JANUARY 6, 2014 at /health. Select the MyICHealthCenter tab from the menu bar on the bottom left hand side for our Secure Web Portal. You will be required to enter your Ithaca College Netpass user name and password, followed by your birth date. Once you have successfully entered the portal, select “Forms” from the menu bar on the left and follow the instructions. There will be six pages that must be completed and submitted to the Health Center. Please note the following:
- You must check a confirmation box at the bottom of the first Forms Download Page. If you do not have a printer or are unable to print these forms for any reason, please call the Health Center at 607-274-3177 and we will send them to you.
- Have pertinent personal and family health history available when you fill out the Health History Form.
- Have your immunization history in front of you for completing the Immunizations section. Please be aware that completion of this form is required in addition to a signed record that will come from your health care provider. We can provide any required immunization or test for you here, after your arrival, but, there will be a charge and I encourage you to have these done prior to coming to Ithaca.
- There are only two possibilities for exemption from the immunization requirements under New York State law: A signed statement that the student has sincere and genuine religious beliefs that prohibit immunization; or a statement from a physician or physician extender documenting the specific immunizations that are medically contraindicated and the length of time that they are contraindicated. If there is a disease outbreak on campus, students who have been granted exemption will be treated as susceptible and either immunized or excluded from campus.
- Students born before January 1, 1957, are exempt from the measles/mumps/rubella requirements, but still must complete the tuberculosis assessment.
- Meningococcal vaccine is not required, but is strongly recommended, especially if you will be living in a residence hall.
- We require a tuberculin skin test for students with specific risk factors for tuberculosis defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Please complete these on-line requirements by July 15th for fall admission or one week before the beginning of classes for spring or summer admission. We will notify you if anything is incomplete.
If you have questions, please contact Donna Mistler at 607-274-3286 or email@example.com.