How "well" are you? Check out your campus resources within the Wellness Wheel. (Simply click on each dimension):
The Center for Health Promotion strives to create a campus culture which encourages and supports health-promoting behaviors and environments. We provide free health information, training, and consultation for Ithaca College students. Please visit our resource room, located on the lower level of Hammond Health Center. Our educational resources include
- Ithaca Student Health 101 wellness e-magazine - Check it out!
- Confidential, one-on-one appointments to talk about health-related concerns such as:
- Alcohol and other drug use (the BASICS Program)
- Sexuality and sexual health
- Chronic illnesses
- Eating concerns
- Coping skills for stress management, transition difficulties, academic challenges
- Whatever you want to talk about!
- Free wellness pamphlets and brochures.
- Bulletin boards for RAs.
- Free condoms and other safer sex supplies.
- A SunBox Light Therapy unit.
- Campus and community resource information and referrals.
The Center is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Stop by to meet one of our program interns or our program director, Nancy Reynolds, MSPH. Nancy can also be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 607-274-7933.
What is "health promotion"? What is "wellness"?
Health promotion is the process of enabling people to increase control over, and to improve, their health. It moves beyond a focus on individual behaviour towards a wide range of social and environmental interventions.
Wellness is more than being free from illness. There are many interrelated dimensions of wellness: physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, social, environmental, and occupational. Each dimension is equally vital in the pursuit of optimum health.
- World Health Organization (WHO)