Friday, December 11, 2009
As classes come to a close today, keep in mind a few handy resources and ideas:
- The library will be offering free hot chocolate during finals week, and will be open til 11 pm tonight and Saturday of this week.
- Campus Center Dining Hall will celebrate their annual "Cram Jam" from 12/13 - 12/16 from 9:00 pm 12:00 am, serving study snacks and beverages.
- The Fitness Center will continue regular hours through the Friday afternoon of finals week. Work up a sweat, work off some stress!
- For an off-campus study break, the downtown Ithaca Holiday Festival features more than 25 ice sculptures, an ice carving competition, a holiday artists market, and a Chanukah celebration.
- Or, for a 3-minute study break (on campus or off) listen to the cast of Glee's new holiday single.
- Being back at home can be wonderful, but sometimes stressful. The LGBT Center winter resources webpage provides information, support and diversion for LGBT and allied students during winter break.
- The resource "Tips for a Happy Holiday for LGBT People and their Family & Friends" may be especially helpful at this time of year.
And of course winter break may also provide time to reflect on living an examined life. At the start of the academic year, I invited you to live this year in accordance with what is most important to you. How is your year of living dangerously going so far?