Student Leadership Institute
Looking for sessions- Click Here to log onto OrgSync!
The Student Leadership Institute is a series of interactive workshops designed to help students develop and refine personal leadership skills.
Participants may choose to take part in a series of sessions and earn a certificate - or attend any individual session YOU would like!
These tracks are:
Leading Self: Equip YOURSELF with fundamental skills and ideas to grow as leaders, students, and individuals!
Leading Others: YOU will be introduced to practical strategies for leading effectively in groups in the classroom, the home, the workplace, and beyond!
Leading in a Diverse World: Enhance YOUR understanding of other people and learn strategies to initiate further learning!
Leading@IC: Prepare YOURSELF to lead within student organizations through workshops that provide useful information and resources as well as help students develop leadership skills! (If you are attending Leading@IC sessions to fulfill a major requirement you will need to confirm with your department if these sessions count toward your requirement.)
TO VIEW & REGISTER FOR SLI SESSIONS:
- Register for the session(s) you plan to attend on Orgsync*.
- Once on OrgSync, you will need to join the SLI Portal. You can find that by searching for it when you click on 'Browse Orginizations'. You must pre-register for SLI sessions in order to receive credit.
(NOTE: As a courtesy to our presenters, registration will close 48 hours prior to each event. It is important to plan ahead if you want to register!)
- When you arrive at the session you registered for, sign your name on the sign-in sheet. A student SLI host will be at every SLI session with a sign-in sheet.
- You're done! It can take several days for our SLI team to register your attendance into the Orgsync system.
Once you are credited with attending an event, you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
SLI Program Important Dates:
Block 1 Dates:
- Original presentation proposals due date- August 15, 2014
- Program Session Post Date- August 27, 2014
- Block 1 Partner Program submission due date- September 5, 2014
- Sessions Begin- September 9
- No Sessions- October 13-15
Block 2 Dates:
- Original presentation proposals due date- October 8, 2014
- Block 2 Partner Program submission due date- October 10, 2014
- Program Session Post Date- October 13, 2014
- Sessions Begin- October 20
- Sessions End: December 5, 2014
Block 3 Dates:
- Original presentation proposals due date- January 15, 2014
- Program Session Post Date - January 20, 2015
- Block 3 Partner Program submission due date - January 30, 2015
- Sessions Begin- February 2, 2015
- Sessions End- March 6, 2015
Block 4 Dates:
- Original presentation proposals due date- February 25, 2015
- Session Post Date- March 2, 2015
- Block 3 Partner Program submission due date - March 27, 2015
- Sessions Begin- March 16, 2015
- Sessions End- April 24, 2015
Interested in presenting your own SLI Session?
For faculty, staff, and community partners we offer an opportunity to bring your presentation ideas to the SLI program. Our presentations generally last 1 hour and cover one of the following leadership areas: Leading Self, Leading Others, Leading in a Diverse World as well Leading at IC for our students in Student Organizations.
Use this form to fill out a program proposal request: https://orgsync.com/36595/forms/33827
Interested in making your office or student organization program a part of the Student Leadership Institute?
Have your program become a Partner Program with the SLI series. We love to partner with other campus offices and organizations to include their programs in our SLI workshop lineup! If you have a program that you would like to offer in the SLI program this year, please fill out the following form by the dates stated below. We will get back to you on whether we will accept your program as part of our programming series.
Partner Program request form: https://orgsync.com/36595/forms/33827
Fall Semester Deadlines for Partner Program Form Submissions:
- Block 1 (any program between September 9- October 10): September 5, 2014
- Block 2 (any program between October 20- December 5): October 10, 2014
Spring Semester Deadlines:
- Block 3 (any program between February 2- March 6): January 30, 2015
- Block 4 (any program between March 16- April 24): March 27, 2015
WE CAN HELP! (FAQs)
How do I login to Orgsync?
Use your IC netpass username and password to login.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it at www.ithaca.edu/passwords.
How do I request an SLI certificate?
You may request a printed certificate once you have completed 6 sessions within the same track.
Simply fill out the ‘SLI Certificate Request Form’ which is located under ‘Forms’ in Orgsync.
Soon after this form is completed and submitted, the SLI Team will confirm and print the certificate.
How do I check my SLI credits?
In Orgsync, go the the SLI Portal, from there, click on the 'more' tab then on the 'involvement' button for a full list of your SLI credits.
I didn’t receive credit for a session I attended last month/week/year. What do I do?
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date, time, and title of the session.
The SLI Team will double-check their records and respond to you directly.
SLI Attendance Policy
In order for the SLI program to be successful we need to be able to track attendance before the event to ensure that our presenters know how many people to expect so they can plan their sessions accordingly.
In the past several years, we have seen people ‘front load’ their sessions by signing up for sessions they have no intention of going to. This leads to sessions being full well before the date of the session. This then takes a spot from a student who has an interest in that topic. In order to curb this from happening we will be starting the semester by tracking absences from the SLI program.
At the beginning of Fall Semester, we will be tracking all the absences for each event. If you have 3 or more absences by the end of any Block, you will be placed on SLI Probation. This will inhibit you from signing up for the consecutive block's session until two weeks after the original session post date. Absences will be tracked over the course of the year, so if you have one absence in block 1 and 2 in Block 2, you will be placed on probation in Block 3.
After you serve your probation period, you will be cleared from probation for the next block unless you accrue 3 more absences in that time period.
If you can no longer make it to an event, please email email@example.com. You can also go onto Orgsync, click on the event, and un-rsvp by clicking ‘no’ under the ‘Will you be attending’ section. Please only do this 48 hours in advance, if an emergency comes up, please email the leadership account.