OL/SLC Application Information
Current Ithaca College students interested in applying for the 2016 Summer Orientation Leader (OL) and/or the 2016 Fall Student Leadership Consultant (SLC) position are invited to fill out the Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs Student Leadership Application.
Applications open Monday, January 25, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. EST.
You may access the application via the OrgSync portal here.
The deadline for applications is February 19, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. EST.
Helpful Tips and Updates
- Before filling out the application, thoroughly read each tab section below that applies to you.
- There is one online application for both positions – see the "Study Away and Applicants for Both Positions" tab below. You will be able to designate which position you are applying for on the application form. Please be intentional with your applications and only apply for both positions of you are truly interested in both.
- Towards the end of the application you will be asked to attach documents (such as your resume). Save these documents on your computer just in case!
|Contact First-Year Experience at email@example.com or by phone at 607-274-1908 if you have any questions about the application process.|
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact FYE at firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 274-1908. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.
|Please read the information below to prepare for your returner interview.|
You will be receiving more information about the returner application process in an upcoming Monday staff meeting. Please read the returner application requirements below:
1. Fill out the returner applicant survey.
2. Schedule a 30 minute review meeting with Michele Lenhart between March 28 - April 1, 2016.
3. Please create a visual aid on ONE 8.5x11" piece of paper that answers the following questions:
- Why do you wish to return as an SLC?
- What will your contribution to the team be as a returning SLC?
- What one area/skill would you most like to improve if you return next year?
- How will you stay motivated as a returning SLC?
Bring this visual aid with you to your review meeting with Michele in March. Be Creative!
Note: If you are a returner currently studying away please fill out the returner survey and follow the steps above. Your review meeting will be via Skype or FaceTime.