Student Leadership Consultant
SLC Job Description:
A team of 15 SLCs assist with the development and implementation of the programs and services offered by OSEMA. Specific duties include creating marketing materials for events, maintaining databases for student groups, hosting leadership workshops, providing assistance in the Student Activities Center and OSEMA office, and much more. This is a great position for detail-oriented students interested in working with people and events.
Student Leadership Consultants represent the vision and values of OSEMA. Through continuous education and training, Student Leadership Consultants will have the opportunity to expand their skills in the areas of customer service, public speaking, marketing, and program development. This is a paid, paraprofessional position.
The Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs (OSEMA) is now hiring 2 Student Leadership Consultants (SLCs) for Summer 2014. Candidates must be returning to IC for the 2014-15 academic year (study abroad is okay!).
SLC Job Description:
A team of two SLCs will assist with the planning of activities and development of print publications. Specific duties include creating marketing materials for events, maintaining databases, providing reception assistance in the OSEMA office, and more. This is a great position for detail-oriented students who are knowledgeable about the programs and services offered by OSEMA.
Student Leadership Consultants represent the vision and values of OSEMA. Summer SLCs must possess the following skills: excellent customer service, Photoshop and publications design, public speaking, and program development. The rate of pay for this position is $9.00 per hour. Hours: Summer SLCs may choose to work 20 hours per week or 35 hours per week. Office hours are Mondays-Thursdays 9:00am-5:00pm, Fridays 9:00am-3:00pm. Ideal length of contract is May 19 – August 22, 2014. Vacation days or a flexible start/end date may be requested.
Summer SLCs will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist with projects, including the planning of workshops, service events, program meetings, etc., and developing marketing materials, such as bulletin boards, print ads, social media, etc.
- Support the day-to-day activities of OSEMA, including but not limited to: answering phones, opening and closing the offices, copying, appointment scheduling, and greeting visitors.
- Serve as a resource to individuals and student groups. This requires responding to requests and seeking information to answer questions appropriately.
Successful SLC candidates are expected to:
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a dynamic team environment and to follow through with ideas from conception to completion.
- Be reliable, confident, and flexible. Adhere to project timelines and work shifts.
- Demonstrate a capacity for planning ahead and project management.
- Be familiar with the services and systems of Ithaca College, especially those related to OSEMA.
- Take initiative and work independently. Solve problems using creative and critical thinking skills.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Set a positive tone for interaction and demonstrate responsibility and respect for others’ rights, feelings, lifestyles, diverse backgrounds, and for personal and College property.
- Have the ability to produce effective marketing materials.
- Maintain good academic and judicial standing. Minimum required GPA at time of hiring is 2.75.
How To Apply:
Please submit the following application materials to Michele Lenhart, Director of Student Leadership and Involvement, at email@example.com by 5:00pm on Wednesday, April 30:
- A resume and cover letter that demonstrates why you should be hired as a Student Leadership Consultant.
- The name, title, email address and phone number for one professional reference.
- A sample of a poster or flyer that you have designed. This should be something you completed yourself, not a group project. (It is okay to share a link to a website or a photo of the item, if it is too difficult to submit the item itself.)
Candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted by May 2 to arrange brief interview. All selection decisions will be finalized and candidates will be notified by May 12, 2014.