Student Organizations

Student Organization Finances

Ithaca College Credit Cards

Recognized student organizations may request to use an Ithaca College credit card to make purchases. Students may request a credit card via the Credit Card Request Form on Orgsync under the Club Hub Portal. A credit card request is not approved until the requested date provided on the request. Once a credit card request has been approved, the credit card will be available for pick up in OSEMA. All borrowed credit cards should be returned to OSEMA within two (2) business days after borrowing and must include an itemized receipt for each purchase made with the credit card. An itemized receipt lists all of the items purchased. If a student fails to include an itemized receipt, they will lose credit card borrowing privileges for the remainder of the semester. Additionally, any student found to be misusing Ithaca College credit cards may be held financially liable for unauthorized purchases.

Credit cards available for student use may not be used for travel related expenses including, but not limited to gasoline purchases, registration expenses, hotel expenses (including restaurants at local hotels), and vehicle rentals. To pay for expenses related to off-campus travel, please contact the Business and Operations Coordinator.

Transaction Requests for Reimbursements, Invoices, and Contracts

In order to make any payments or reimbursements, specific documentation is needed. Please fill it out a Transaction Request Form, attach relevant receipts, contracts, or invoices, and submit the materials to the Business and Operations Coordinator in the Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs. Transaction Request Forms without the signature of the organization's treasurer will not be processed.

Expenditures may not be reimbursed unless an itemized receipt has been provided. Reimbursements must be requested within 2 weeks of the initial transaction. Student reimbursements are always mailed.

Ithaca College is a tax-exempt institution: individuals will not be reimbursed for taxes paid.

Requests for payments must be submitted at least seven academic days before they are needed.

Making Donations

Donations may be made using raised or rolled funds only. Ithaca College funds may not be used to make donations. Student organizations may request donations from their raised or rolled funds with the Donation Request Form on Orgsync. No additional documentation is required.