Education and Training
Harassment based on race, sex, religion, disability or sexual orientation affects students on college campuses as well as employees in many workplaces. Unwanted advancements, sexually explicit conduct, or offensive jokes can damage a student's self-esteem and can injure his or her confidence when enrolled in a course, participating in an internship, and when seeking employment after graduation.
Students are often unsure if they have been or are being sexually harassed, or if conduct that they have engaged in could be considered harassment. Please review the Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy as well as the Sexual Harassment Policy. In addition, completing the short, online course entitled "Show Some Respect! Prevent Harassment" will educate you about identifying and addressing harassment.
Anyone who is being harassed or is witnessing such harassment should report it to a supervisor or other campus official, the Office of Public Safety and/or Ithaca College’s Title IX coordinators.
Harassment Prevention Training Instructions
1. Go to: www.edurisklearning.org.
2. First-time users should click "Register Now" on the right. The following information is required:
a. Username (use your Netpass ID if possible)
c. Ithaca College email address
d. Select "Student" for the department, position, and role fields.
e. Enter the Institution Code: 1048-SC37-XY12
3. You will receive an email providing you with a temporary password. Sign in and change your password.
4. On the Learning Programs page, click the launch button under the heading Harassment/Respect Among Peers.
5. On the Harassment/Respect Among Peers page, click on Show Some Respect! Prevent Harassment (Higher Education) to begin the course.
6. Once you've completed the training program, click on the Transcript tab to view or print out your transcript. To print a certificate of completion for a course listed on your transcript, click on the course title.
7. For technical support, contact the 24-hour helpdesk.
a. Email: email@example.com
b. Phone: 301-830-4587
c. Chat: chat.perceptis.com/c/ue