Student Accessibility Services works closely with faculty to ensure each students success at Ithaca College. We can provide support in the following ways:
- Consult with us if you have questions/concerns regarding a student’s academic adjustment plan or would like to discuss how to approach specific course requirements
- Invite us to attend department meetings to collaborate about general accommodations for students with disabilities (not about confidential information regarding specific students)
- Request information about disabilities and potential impacts on college achievement.
- Consult with us about incorporating universal design principles to mitigate obstacles for all types of learners
- Call us if you suspect that one of your students is struggling and may have undiagnosed learning disabilities
- Ask us to participate in a scheduled meeting with a registered student to assist in resolving challenging situations (with student permission)
- Think of us as a resource about issues or questions involving accommodating students with disabilities in the college setting.
You are welcome to call us anytime at 274-1005 with questions, concerns, or ideas.