Services and Accommodations


Services and Accommodations


The Student Accessibility Specialists are available during office hours to assist students in accessing appropriate accommodations.  The nature and extent of a student's disability must be documented by a licensed medical professional. The presence of a specific learning disability must be documented by a psychologist or learning disabilities specialist. Students with psychological or emotional disabilities can obtain documentation from either a psychiatrist, a licensed psychologist or a licensed therapist. Students are required to meet with a Student Accessibility Specialist each semester to discuss accommodations for the current semester. If a student has not identified to the office by providing documentation of his/her disability and consented to the limited sharing of information regarding the disability, he/she will not be eligible to receive accommodations. Students, parents, faculty and staff members are encouraged to call at any time to discuss issues related to students with disabilities.



In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Student Accessibility Specialists will act as advocates to ensure that all students with disabilities have access to the programs and activities for which they are otherwise qualified to participate.



SAS services may include but are not limited to:

  • Academic accommodations, e.g. note-taking support
  • Alternative testing arrangements
  • Materials in alternate format and adaptive technology
  • Special housing requests
  • Referral for other support services, e.g. tutoring