Documentation - ADHD
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION GUIDELINES
FOR ATTENTION DEFICIT/HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER
In order to ensure the provision of reasonable and appropriate accommodations for students with attention deficit disorder, the following documentation is needed:
- A complete and current (preferably within three years of starting college) psycho-educational evaluation, which clearly states the onset, longevity, and severity of the symptoms. Also, include information regarding co-morbidity.
- An aptitude test with all standard scores and sub-tests included. Acceptable tests include:
· Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-WAIS-IV
· Stanford Binet Intelligence Scale (4th Ed.)
· Kaufman Adolescent and Adult Intelligence Scale (KAIT)
· Woodcock-Johnson Psychoeducational Battery-Revised (WJ-III Normative Update)
- Objective assessment of AD/HD history, and detailed interpretation.
- The exact DSM-IV-TR diagnosis, including which symptoms are present.
- Information concerning the impact of AD/HD on the educational setting including functional limitations and recommended accommodations, as substantiated by the diagnosis.
- Medication history and current recommendations regarding medication.
- Copy of latest IEP or 504 plan (optional).
NOTE: We recognize that students are individuals and variations in the documentation requirements may be necessary. Please consult with the office if you have questions.
*For more information about documentation please refer to the ETS website- Disability Documentation Policy Statements and Forms