Student Information

Checklist for New Students

Congratulations on your admission to Ithaca College!  If you would like to register with our Student Accessibility Services (SAS) as a student with a disability, please refer to the following checklist:

  1. Complete and submit the online Disability Identification Form.
  2. Provide documentation of your disability to SAS as soon as possible. You can send these records by mail, fax or email. To learn more about documentation, please refer to Documentation Guidelines.  Please keep in mind that each person's situation is unique, and documentations may vary by situation.  No student should delay in registering with our office out of concern for not having appropriate paperwork.  Documentation can be sent any time after your Disability Identification form is submitted, but documentation should be received by Student Accessibility Services prior to your orientation.
  3. If you are interested in adaptive technology and/or materials in alternate format, please contact the manager of Student Accessibility Services, Leslie Reid, at   Visit the Adaptive Technology site for more information.
  4. If you are interested in applying for a housing accommodation that is not related to dietary issues, complete a Special Housing Request Application.  Submit your form to the SAS Office with documentation that addresses the medical need specific to your housing request.
  5. If you are requesting a housing accommodation that is related to dietary issues, you must first contact Dining Services at: Please visit Dining Services website to learn about the process for requesting a meal plan reduction or exemption.
  6. Please call our office at (607) 274-1005 to set up an appointment with a Student Accessibility Specialist.  You should schedule a meeting during the time that you will be here for Summer Orientation.  During this meeting, we will begin to develop your accommodation plan.  We will meet again once classes are in session to review procedures and address any questions or concerns.

If you are coming to campus and require assistance with orientation, please refer to the website: