Student Information

Special Housing Accommodation Requests

Special Housing Accommodation Requests

 If you are requesting a housing accommodation, please be aware that you must follow the procedure below. In order to be considered for an accommodation, your condition must be considered a disability under New York State and Federal Law.

 In order to request a housing accommodation you must:

If you have not already done so, register with Student Accessibility Services by completing the online identification form.

Complete the Request for Special Housing Accommodation form.

Provide documentation that supports your request.  Please refer to our Documentation Guidelines found on this site.  Documentation supporting housing requests must contain the following specific criteria:

Documentation must be written by a licensed health professional and must include a formal diagnosis that rises to the level of a disability. 

It must establish a clear connection between the recommended housing request and the impact of the condition. 

It must address why the accommodation requested is a medical/health need for the student.

Send the completed housing accommodation form along with documentation to:

Ithaca College Office of Student Accessibility Services

100 Rothschild Place

953 Danby Road Ithaca, NY, 14850

or fax to our office at (607) 274-3957.


Your documentation will be kept in a confidential file.  Do not submit your form or documentation directly to Residential Life.

Note on Single Room Accommodation: In general, diagnoses such as ADD/ADHD or Specific Learning Disability do not lend themselves to single room accommodations.  A single room cannot guarantee a quiet environment.  Students who need to study in a quiet environment can have their study needs met in areas such as the library or other designated quiet study areas on campus.