Checklist for New Students
Congratulations on your admission to Ithaca College! If you would like to register with our office as a student with a disability, please refer to the following checklist:
- Complete and submit the online Disability Identification Form found at: /sds/newstudents/
- Provide documentation of your disability to the SDS office as soon as possible. You can send these records by mail, fax or email. To learn more about documentation, please refer to: /sds/guidelines/
- If you are interested in adaptive technology and/or materials in alternate format, please contact our Adaptive Technology Specialist Dan Williams at email@example.com. You can visit our Website for more information: /sds/adaptivetechnology/
- If you are interested in applying for a housing accommodation that is not related to dietary issues, complete a Special Housing Request Application found at: /sds/docs/housing. Submit your form to the SDS Office with documentation that addresses the medical need specific to your housing request.
- If you are requesting a housing accommodation that is related to dietary issues, you must first contact Dining Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit this site to learn about the process for requesting a meal plan reduction or exemption: http://ithacadiningservices.com/documents/Dietary%20Accommodation%20Process%20for%20web%20sites.pdf
- Please call our office at (607) 274-1005 to set up an appointment with a Student Disability Specialist. You may want to schedule a meeting during the time that you will be here for Summer Orientation. During this meeting, we will begin to develop your accommodation plan. We will meet again once classes are in session to review procedures and address any questions or concerns.
If you are coming to campus and require assistance with orientation, please refer to the website: www.ithaca.edu/sacl/experience/orientation/.