What has happened since the Staff Appreciation and Recognition Survey last fall?
Remember taking a survey last fall on how you like to be appreciated and recognized? The results of the survey were posted on the Intercom: /intercom/article.php?story=20121012143933580
Since then, what has happened?
The committee members are very pleased that the administration has taken the results and comments of the survey seriously. Administration has discussed many of our topics prior to our survey; however, our committee has contributed to the climate and has accelerated some initiatives, such as:
Walkabouts with Tom Rochon started this summer and will continue.
- These could arguably be the most visible and constructive result to come directly from the survey, its following report and analysis.
- Session focused on what they have done differently to recognize and appreciate their staff.
- They looked at the feedback results of our survey and discussed them. Specifically they were looking at what people are hoping for and look for in employment.
According to Mark Coldren, Associate Vice President of Human Resources:
- There seem to have been more departmental meetings; including discussions on Huron’s recommendations.
- Administrative Assembly talks about this topic; it’s hoped that directors/administrators share the information with their department.
- Self-assessment: This past spring help was made available by HR for individuals completing their self-assessment
- The new process that started last year will continue in which one person higher than then employee’s supervisor will also look and sign off on the reviews.
Staff Council Meeting:
- President Tom Rochon attended a meeting for an open discussion during the Huron review.
- President Rochon stated he is willing to attend future meetings.
- Nancy Pringle is now a liaison between Staff Council and the President’s Council.
Staff Breakfast with the President
Staff Coffee with the Provost
President’s “Around the Water Cooler”
Provost’s question of the week regarding IC 20/20
EPIC (professional development certification course for staff) has started and sessions have been completed and will be continuing.
The committee will continue to work on any staff appreciation and recognition issues/concerns as long as the Staff Council wishes it to continue. Any questions/concerns in this regard can be directed to the committee, your staff council representative, or through on-line submission through the form on Staff Council’s website: /staffcouncil/submitactionrequest/
Originally published in Intercom: What has happened since the Staff Appreciation and Recognition Survey last fall?.