Introduction to Sport Management
Craig Paiement, Assistant Professor.
Introduction to Sport Management is designed to give students a look at sports as an industry. Students will explore sport as more than a fan to gain an understanding of sport as a business. Investigate the business of sports, the functions of management, the skills and attributes required of a sport manager and explore career opportunities. Students meet with professionals during trips, including a visit to a minor league team.
Topics for this course will include:
- Evolution/History of Sport as Industry
- Spectators, Fans & Engagement
- Sport Marketing for Engaged fans
- Social Issues in Sport
- International/Globalization of Sport
- Sport Tourism
- Governance in Sport
- Economics & Finance in Sport
- Sales and Sponsorship in Sport