Introduction to Media Production
Gossa Tsegaye, Assistant Professor
IC professor and alum ('76) Gossa Tsegaye, an assistant professor in the Department of Television and Radio at Ithaca College introduces summer college students to the craft of digital media production in this three-week course. Students work from the first day hands-on with much the same equipment that you will find in the production studios of ESPN or CBS.
In addition to directing and producing a television ad that incorporates 3-4 camera operation, students also produce a radio talk show.
Ithaca College has an established and widely recognized Communications program. Over 50 years ago, IC was the first college in the world with a TV channel -- ICTV. The Roy Park School of Communications offers students numerous media outlets, many of which have received, year after year, national awards for excellence:
- Student-operated radio stations, WICB on the FM dial and VIC 106 on Internet and FM cable radio
- An award-winning student weekly newspaper, The Ithacan
- Park Productions, a professional video and film production unit
- Park Design House, a professional graphic design unit
- A student-run monthly alternative news/media magazine, Buzzsaw