Professional Certificate in Sustainability Leadership
This unique online professional certificate program leverages the combined strengths of Ithaca College's School of Business, Roy H. Park School of Communications, Department of Environmental Studies and Science, and our campus Sustainability Initiative which was awarded the 2008 Campus Leadership Award by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
We formally launched our professional certificate program in January 2010, offering twelve different seminars from which enrollees can select topics that fill "holes" in their knowledge or skill base. Upon successful completion of six seminars, participants can earn a professional certificate in Sustainability Leadership, issued by the Office of Extended Studies at Ithaca College.
- Communicating the Organization's Sustainability Efforts
- Designing Effective Communication Media
- Establishing Sustainability as an Organizational Purpose
- How Green is Your Organization? Sustainable Infrastructure
- How Green is Your Organization? Sustainable Policy and Practice
- Integrating Sustainability into Training and Curriculum
- Marketing Sustainability Initiatives
- The Sustainability Coordinator as an Organizational Change Agent
- A Systems Approach to Sustainability (required)
- Tools and Techniques for Planning and Managing Sustainability Projects
- Using Evaluation to Craft the Business Case for Sustainability
Most of the seminars in this professional certificate program have been approved by the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) for continuing education credit for LEED Accreditated Professionals (APs).
Learn more about the Sustainability Leadership certificate program.