Ithaca Dining Services Celebrates Earth Week
Ithaca Dining Services will be holding several events during Earth Week 2011 to spread awareness about the importance of sustainability.
Ithaca Dining Services is partnering with REMP to host a veggie teach-in on Monday April 18th. Students have the opportunity to come to Terrace Dining Hall during dinner to experience new vegan recipes and gain new insight to eating this type of diet from environmental groups on campus. Students and Faculty without meal plans are also encouraged to attend this event, though they will have to pay upon entry.
The menu is as follows:
Fresh Made Salsa with tortilla chips
Glazed Sweet Potatoes (At Exhibition Station)
Pumpkin Tofu Cheesecake
We invite members of other environmental organizations to table in the balcony of Terraces at this event, please contact email@example.com to let us know your organization will be tabling. Dining Services will also provide a brochure of the recipes served.
On Tuesday, April 19th, Ithaca Dining Services will be showing the movie Carbon Nation in CNS 112 from 7:00-9:00 p.m. Sustainable catering will be provided, including organic vegetables and dip, Crackerman crackers and cheese platter, and pita crisps with organic roasted red pepper hummus.
An Energy Walk-Through Tour will be held on Thursday, April 21st from 1:30-3:30 p.m. It will meet in the Taughannock Falls meeting room and will be led by the Energy Initiative Team. The tour will highlight energy saved since the energy audit completed January 2009 and show the Ithaca College community equipment replaced as a result of the project. The tour will be hosted by members of the Energy Initiative Team. The Earth Day Event will be held on Friday, April 22nd at IC Food Court between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Worms and Dirt cake will be provided. Students will win free reusable giveaways after signing a sustainability pledge.
At each event, you can enter a Sustainability Raffle for the chance to win:
- Gym bag made from recycled water bottles
- Eco-friendly kitchen set constructed of bamboo that includes a serving spoon, strainer spoon and spatula
- Ceramic mug and spoon set
- Ceramic on-the-go mug
- Eco friendly T-shirt
- Two bulb crank flashlight with hand crank to charge lights. Slide switch on/off. LED bulb, no batteries needed. Made from recycled materials
- Grow your own basil plant with a recyclable tin potter. Just add water!
- Acrylic Tumbler with Straw. This is BPA-free, featuring doublewall construction and an acrylic straw. The lid screws on to keep your tumbler secure. This is a great container for iced-coffee.
- Reusable shopping bag made from recycled materials
We hope to see you at these events to celebrate Earth Week 2011 with us! For more information on IC Dining Services Sustainability please visit: http://icdiningsustainability.blogspot.com/.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Julie Whitten at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-274-1187.
Originally published in Intercom: Ithaca Dining Services Celebrates Earth Week.