Guidelines for application, acceptance and participation
- Pick up application from the Office of International Programs (OIP) or download and print from /oip/abroad_apply.htm. Be sure to give the academic recommendation form to the person who will be writing it for you well ahead of the deadline. (Approximate dates for application deadlines are Sept. 25 for spring in London, February 17 for summer, and February 24 for fall. Check with OIP for exact application deadline for the semester in which you are applying.) Bring the Student Conduct Certification form to the Office of Judicial Affairs, in the lobby of the West Tower (for IC students) or to the appropriate school official (for non-Ithaca College students).
- Check back with the people writing your recommendations to ensure that they will be done and sent to OIP by the application deadline. Also, be sure to submit the Dean’s Evaluation, along with Sections I, II and IV, to the Dean of your school in time for it to reach us by the deadline.
- Turn in all application materials to the Office of International Programs no later than 4:00 p.m. on the day applications are due. Make sure you have included a copy of your transcript (can be unofficial for Ithaca College students; must be official for non-Ithaca College students), and the non-refundable application fee of $50 (semester) or $35 (summer). Check should be made out to Ithaca College.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent out approximately 2 weeks after the application deadline.
- For Ithaca College students: If you have been accepted, you MUST attend the London Centre Orientation. This is a mandatory meeting - you cannot study in London if you do not attend this orientation. If a prior commitment that cannot be changed prohibits you from attending the orientation, you must supply OIP with written notification, and attend the Make-up orientation. Contact OIP for the dates, times, and locations for these meetings. For non-Ithaca College students: you will be sent a packet that contains all of the information that will be covered at the orientation. It is your responsibility to read through material thoroughly in order to prepare for your semester at the London Center.
- 6. A nonrefundable $500 deposit to confirm your participation will be due approximately 5-6 weeks after the application deadline. Contact OIP for the exact due date for this deposit for the semester in which you are applying.
- You will receive a large amount of paperwork at the orientation (or in the packet sent to you) that will need to be turned in to OIP in a timely fashion (generally 6-7 weeks after the application deadline). Please be advised that if you fail to turn in this paperwork by the due dates, you will be jeopardizing your participation in the London Centre program. Contact OIP for exact due dates for this paperwork for the semester in which you are applying.
MAINTAINING GOOD ACADEMIC AND JUDICIAL STANDING IS A REQUIREMENT FOR GOING TO THE LONDON CENTRE.
OIP will check your final grades for the semester in which you are applying to the London Centre. Non-Ithaca College students must have a final transcript sent to Ithaca College at the end of the semester prior to going to London. We will also receive reports from Judicial Affairs regarding any disciplinary violations that may occur between the time of your acceptance and the beginning of London Center semester.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 2.5, your acceptance to the London Centre will be withdrawn.
- If you are put on disciplinary probation, your acceptance to the London Centre will be withdrawn.