Friday, December 23, 2011
I've just spotted that this is our 100th post. I'd like to say that my delay in putting this up has been because I wanted to attach importance to our 100th, but that's not true. As so often happens, I have been a bit stumped for ideas. And then our first student of the spring semester arrived (yes, already!), and I had an idea!
I'm going to make comparisons:
- Last year at this time we still had Fall 2010 students stranded at the ICLC due to adverse weather conditions at Heathrow. The Fall '11 students mostly left 2 weeks ago.
- 53 students just returned to America. 125 will shortly be arriving.
- Last year's Doctor Who Christmas Special had Catherine Jenkins. This year it has Bill Bailey.
- Last spring we had one visiting faculty member from the home campus teaching at the ICLC. This spring we have 3.
I'm going to state some little known facts:
- Keith Moon is posthumously developing an interesting relationship with the ICLC.
- Kenneth Branagh is the ICLC's bizarre watchman.
- We aren't sure, but there's compelling evidence that Bill may live in the ICLC.
- Jack Hrkach believes in Elsie. So do the rest of the staff.
I'm going to dispense some advice:
- If you can't carry it, you've packed too much luggage.
- Toiletries are heavy. Buy them when you get here. Similarly, so are peanut butter and mac and cheese. Eat like a native for a few months!
- Make sure your money is in your checking, NOT your savings. If you are drawing from an ATM you will not get a choice to take from your savings.
- Keep up to date on what's happening here. bbc.co.uk
Spring 2012, we'll see you soon! Fall 2011, I hope you're missing us already! Spring 2011, the sandwich press is safe! Fall 2010, what were you doing at this time last year?
Next » « Previous