It is up to you as an Ithaca College student to monitor your academic progress and to know what courses you need to take to graduate. There are many people who can help you with that process including your faculty advisor, a professional academic advisor in the Academic Advising Center, or the faculty and deans in your school.
In addition it is important to regularly check your Degree Evaluation to monitor your progress toward graduation by using Homer Connect. The Office of the Registrar offers useful guides for using Homer on their web site.
- HomerConnect Documentation for Students
- Office of Registrar Degree Evaluations (links to tutorials are on this page)
The Ithaca College catalog is an important resource that provides the most current and accurate information on the requirements for your major and minor. The catalog is your contract with the College and provides all of the information you need to plan your course of study and to graduate on time.
- Students follow the requirements in the catalog for the year in which they enrolled at Ithaca College.
- If you add or change a major you may need to follow the requirements for a different catalog year for that major.
- Students can choose to follow the requirements for a catalog that was published after they started at Ithaca College, but not before.
- Consultation with your faculty or academic advisor and/or the Dean's office for your School is important to make sure you are following the correct sequence of courses for your catalog year.