Take a minute to review the details about the Program and if you're interested, please complete the application below!
ICSM 200: Peer Leadership Information & Application
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE ICSM PEER LEADERSHIP PROGRAM!
WHAT IS A PEER LEADER?
A Peer Leader is a current Ithaca College student who acts as a peer assistant in the Ithaca College Seminar for first-year students. All students who have successfully completed their Ithaca College Seminar (ICSM) are eligible to apply.
Learn more about the Peer Leader program here!
WHAT IS THE PEER LEADER PROGRAM?
Through ICSM 200: Peer Leadership, students have the opportunity to earn credit by serving as a leader in the ICSM classroom. This role will enhance students’ leadership skills and provide an opportunity to collaborate with an ICSM instructor while serving as a leader to their first-year peers in the classroom.
As a Peer Leader, you will...
- Enroll in ICSM 200: Peer Leadership for 0-1 credit during the fall semester.
- Be paired with an Ithaca College Seminar instructor and attend the Common Hour or lecture section once a week throughout the fall semester.
- Complete at least 3 facilitations or presentations in the ICSM section you are paired with; topics can relate to transition to IC, activities & events in Ithaca, items new students should know, & many more! These facilitations are based on communication and collaboration with your paired ICSM instructor.
- Serve as a leader for first-year students, assist in making connections to campus resources, & aid in understanding of liberal learning.
- Follow the policies & regulations regarding student behavior as outlined in the Ithaca College Student Handbook.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING TO BE A PEER LEADER?
If this opportunity interests you, please complete the Peer Leader Interest application form below and you will be contacted directly.
INTERESTED IN HAVING A PEER LEADER IN YOUR ICSM?
If you are an instructor teaching a 4-credit First-Year Seminar or the 1-credit Transfer Seminar, please complete the form below.